Monday 27 September 2010

Palette




Over the past few days, I have been thinking about my choice of palette for an upcoming series of collage-paintings.  Even though we are have just entered the season whose rich, warm colours most inspire me, I've been finding myself drawn to the colours found in some items we have lying on our window sills, or sitting as mementos on my desk: driftwood and a pebble from the Isar which runs through the city; granite stones, sheep's wool, and a crow's feather from my last trip to Dartmoor;  hazelnut pods whose forms seem like some kind of strange clawed foot-nest; and a wishbone from one of last week's dinners.

These colours, which sit fairly close to whites, blacks, and neutrals, have a stillness and depth that I feel an urge to explore. If I have any success with my attempts, I'll post images over the next little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment